I'm so pleased to announce that I have been awarded The Lovely Blog Award! Thanks Sher. If you haven't visited her blog, you really have to. She has the incredible job of rescuing and rehabilitation exotic animals. Seriously, that's incredible. http://www.sherscreativespace.blogspot.com/
Anyway, she chose my blog as one of 15 to share the Lovely Blog Award so on to the next step, seven things about me.
1. I work full time at a company that manages Homeowner Associations. Yes, I'm one of the bad guys that gets booed and hissed on TV nearly nightly. Even so it's a terrific company and I love my job.
2. I used to live in one of the most beautiful towns on the planet, Sedona Arizona. I lived there for about 10 years.
3. I got my start as a jewelry designer working for Robert Shields. Robert was a big celebrity in the 1970's and even had a TV show for a couple of years. He and his wife were mimes, dancers, comics. He started designing jewelry in the early 1990's and when I was in Sedona I worked for him and he incorporated many of my designs into his line.
4. I'm a cancer survivor. I had stage 3 cervical cancer in my mid 30's. I'm doing well now but the experience completely changed my life. I think it made me a better person and a happier one. I learned to better appreciate what I have.
5. I have a VERY eclectic taste in most things and it really shows up in my music choices. I listed to everything from hard rock like Rob Zombie to old time Blues like Blind Willie and Lemon Jefferson to bluegrass, Motown and folk. I love it all!
6. I'm a gamer nerd. Well sort of. I haven't played in a long time because I won't let myself. It's an addiction I don't have time for. I played Everquest for years and then played Everquest II. I am a level 80 Rogue (don't turn your back!)
7. I'm a Gemini and a typical one at that. I have sides to my personality that don't seem to go together very well. Sometimes I even confuse myself. But it's always a party when I get together with another Gemini!
OK, now it's on to try to narrow it down to only 15 people who deserve an award. This is going to be hard!