Thursday, October 21, 2010

Vintage Photo Grab Bag

Several months ago I picked up a whole box full of vintage photo negatives.  I spent days afterward looking through them. It was a really special find.  I had to get creative to get them turned into photo images. I wish I had a scanner as I could probably get better results but I had to make do with shooting a picture of the negative on a light box.  Even so many of the pictures came out very well.  I had a wonderful time drifting back in time as I sorted through hundreds of old family negatives.  

Most of them appear to be from the late 30's to early 40's.  My absolute FAVORITE vintage era.  However I do think some are even older, maybe as old as the 20's based on the quality of the photo and the style of clothing. (but of course I can't be sure) 

But now after a weekend of enjoying them, they are once again tucked away in a box in a drawer in the back room. They have so much life in them it seems a shame.  So I thought I'd post a few of them here and see if anyone finds inspiration for a collage or mixed media or digital collage piece. So feel free to copy and use these any way you'd like.  They are not high res images posted here, but if you need a better copy I'd be happy to email it to you. I just want them to be appreciated.

Oh, and if you do use them, I'd love to see what you come up with.




























No comments:

Post a Comment