Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Last Weekend was the Bomb!!

My daughter was here for a visit so she and I and my mother all went estate sale shopping together and not only was it a fun "girls day out" because we were all together, but we found some really fantastic sales.  I went a little crazy.  I really love it when I hit the half price reduction and there's still a lot of great stuff in the house. 

So the coolest thing I found was a part of an old WWII bomb.  Yes, really!  Well at least I think so.  The guy at the sale told me that's what it was and even though I wasn't sure I believed him I bought it anyway because it was pretty cool looking.  When I got home I did a little digging and if it's not a bomb, it sure looks like one.  Here's what I got.

  



















And here's the kind of bomb I think it looks like. 














Did you know you can buy replica bombs? 

I'm not entirely sure it's a bomb part after all, I'm no expert in these things, but either way it would make a great lamp! 

No comments:

Post a Comment