Friday, February 4, 2011

A Light Dusting of Snow

So it's been a pretty crazy week here in Dallas with weather we don't see very often.  I've lived here a long time and we get ice storms most years but they usually pass quickly. Not so this time. After two days of missed work our office opened late yesterday only to be further stymied by a downed server that left us unable to work.  They closed the office early and told us to check before coming in tomorrow.

I spent the evening watching the news and felt encouraged when weather forecasters told us to expect "a light dusting of snow" in the early morning hours. I went to bed confident that I'd be going in the next day and hoping I could start to catch up.  

Instead I awoke to this..... 
This is the view from my front balcony. The turquoise van is a taxi that was stuck!

An hour later I found out my office was going to close again but I wanted to get some pictures. We just don't get snow very often and I wanted to see if it was really as bad as it looked.  It was.

These are my treacherous stairs. The only thing worse than these stairs are these stairs in the snow.  I fell in the snow last year and bounced down the last three steps.  Thank goodness for the ample padding on my rear.
From my back patio. Now this is lovely. I'm just glad I don't have to drive in it.

Add caption


 I'm so glad I don't have to drive in this. I guess I get another day to get all my vintage goodies sorted out and ready to put in the shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment