Monday, December 27, 2010

Pattern Mania Part 2

The next group of patterns I purchased was part of an Ebay lot.  This group had a lot of really adorable 1950's style dresses with the fitted blouse, tiny waist and full skirt. 


This one didn't last long in my shop and I can see why. It's a perfect Princess style dress. It has a wonderful classic styling to it. It would make a gorgeous retro prom dress.  This particular pattern was only available with purchase of the beaded trim.


1950's dresses were usually of two different types. The large full skirt, or the very slim pencil skirt.  This dress features the pencil style of skirt.  This is probably from the latter part of the 1950's as we begin to see the influence of the early 1960's styles.

This dress is absolutely stunning. My favorite of the two depicted is the flowered version with the black trim.  That's just Yummy! Too bad I don't have the figure for it.

A perfect example of the two primary skirt styles of the 1950's.  This pattern includes the option for a fu
The next group of patterns I purchased was part of an Ebay lot.  This group had a lot of really adorable 1950's style dresses with the fitted blouse, tiny waist and full skirt.  I always think of Lucy when I see dresses like these.

No comments:

Post a Comment